Another year has come and gone. 2008 was a busy and exciting year for us along with a few bumps in the road.
The kids have continued to grow at an alarming rate. Emma started Kindergarten in September and constantly surprises us with her love for learning. She has always been our "spirited" child and although we had many a trying moment this year her great heart always prevails. She is stubborn and independent and wickedly funny. Logan is our simple child for lack of a better word. He is perfectly content to sit quietly by himself and play. His love for his big sister is so sweet to watch. He is very witty and comes up with the craziest things. Luckily for us the Terrible Twos weren't all that bad. He is a loving, cuddly boy and I hope he never grows out of it.
We bought our first home in July and it has been both an exciting and frustrating adventure. But we love the new house and the wonderful neighbors we have met. The kids have a ton of new friends to grow up with. A fire in our kitchen in November was frightening and caused an injury for Adam but it only made us all stronger (and more aware that you can't cook fries on the stove top).
My husband continues to astound me on a daily basis. He is the kindest and most unselfish father & husband. I can't believe after 9 years together I still sometimes get butterflies when I see him. He is my best friend and greatest supporter and if I could only get him to put his laundry in the basket instead of next to his side of the bed he'd been damn near perfect.
Here's hoping 2009 is as great as 2008 was. Happy New Year to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment