Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Going Off On a Tangent

So usually I reserve this blog for stories about the kids but I feel the urge to tell this story so that I can make the world a better place. So I'm following the footsteps of my pal Brant and sharing the antics of the ignorant and stupid in the hopes that we can ban together and rid the world of all of them.

So Adam & I took the kids to my favorite place in the whole world today....Chuck E Cheese (and I know you can't note the sarcasm in my voice by reading a blog but trust me it is there). Since it wasn't too crowded, we left our pizza and drinks on the table in case the kids wanted to come back and pick at their food. As I went back for a sip of my nectar of the Gods (Diet Coke), I noticed a kid much younger than Logan sitting by himself at our table, eating our pizza. I managed to track down his mom, who was sitting across the room furiously texting on her phone, completely oblivious to the whereabouts of her young boy. I let her know, in case the child was allergic to anything or carried a contagious disease that might be passed on to myself or my children, that he had helped himself to a slice of our pizza. Her response:

"Well you shouldn't have left it on the table."

I have 4 words in reaction to this....Survival of the fittest.

6 comments:

C. Beth said...

Yeah, maybe leaving your kid unattended is a little more serious than leaving your food unattended.

Or am I just being a stick in the mud? :)

Kerri said...

Apparently there are more important things in life then keeping an eye on your one year old in a place where pedaphiles think they hit the jackpot.....like texting your pal.

But to each their own.

Mommy Vern said...

First time reader here. This type of stuff truly frustrates and disturbs me. The good Lord gives so many people the blessing of a child and so many of those people forget this or don't realize it from the get go.

It also reminds me of my sister, who when 5 while at Chucky Cheese wandered off to the bus we had outside (we had a large family party and my stepfather drove everyone in the bus) - anyway, it took us 10 minutes to find her and tons of loving adults were around paying attention! That's how easy it is to lose a child.

Thank you for reminding me of how much of a blessing my baby is. :)

Anonymous said...

what did you say back?

Kerri said...

I was actually speechless. It was one of those moments when you walk away and later think of all of the comebacks that you could of made. But she was a big girl...she could have beat me down if I mouthed off :)

Chris said...

If she was a big girl, maybe she was the one eating your pizza. I have a few comments abotu people liuke that but I will keep them to myself. Kerri you can use your imagination