Monday, August 25, 2008

Love Thy Neighbor

We recently moved into a fantastic new house in a neighborhood full of kids. The neighborhood moms have a tradition every year a few days before school starts to get the kids accustomed to waking up early again and catching the bus. For a couple days beforehand they alternate houses and all the kids gather at 7:30 and have various forms of breakfast together. Then come 8 o'clock they all put on their shoes and head out to the bus stop. It's a fire drill of sorts for making sure they get to the bus on time. Yesterday they invited us to attend their Breakfast Club (Don't you forget about me...sorry I couldn't help it). Sitting around the table this morning with 8 kids ranging in age from 18 months to 8, Logan looked around, smiled and said.

"I zove these people of mine."

6 comments:

jennoonan said...

That is such an AWESOME tradition!

I want a neighbrhood like that!

C. Beth said...

I love that idea!! I want to do that in a few years when I have one starting...gulp...kindergarten.

Lucas is adorable!

C. Beth said...

SORRY--I mean Logan. I just finished reading a blog talking about a Lucas. Darn "L" names.

Kerri said...

We definitely lucked out in the fact that we have awesome neighbors that are willing to include newbies like us.

Anonymous said...

Kerri I did not know you moved to Stepford...

Kerri said...

My reprogramming has already begun