Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Drama Queen Returns

Emma was on the search today for a particular stuffed Easter Bunny that I knew we had "donated" to the dumpster last year. When I broke this news to her, her world began to spiral out of control.

"You threw it away? It was my most favorite toy ever." (Hence the reason why she only played with it once a year.)

"I can't believe you put my poor bunny in the trash. He'll be so scared."

"Why would you do this to me?"

"You made my heart hurt."

With each sentence she got more and more dramatic and closer and closer to the floor. By the end of her tirade, she was laying on the carpet. Then I told her that somewhere there's a kid who lives in the dump (I know it's not the best explanation but it was the first thing that came to my mind) and because of her, that kid now has a stuffed animal of their own.

"Oh, OK."

1 comment:

Chris said...

Now Vinny the "independant contractor" from the North End who now resides in the bottom dump will have something to cuddle with.